Hello.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

I'm posting my photos, poems and other writings here, along with news about my readings and publications.

I also plan to make available the sound files of my radio show, Across the Borderline, which has aired for six years on WBCR-lp in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.

Stay tuned,

Phil Johnson

Thursday, November 10, 2011

For my October 17 birthday my partner Karen and I took the train down to the city and got together with my daughter Colomba. We went to an amazing four hour play by one of my favorite off-off Broadway experimental theater companies, Elevator Repair Service. They presented a deconstruction of Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises, which they called The Select.

I have loved the work of ERS since 2002, when Richard Foreman’s production manager Josh Briggs told me about their production of Room Tone at P.S. 122. Since then I’ve seen their versions of Gatz, No Great Society, and The Sound and the Fury.

After the play we went to a delightful little restaurant called Home on Cornelia Street in the West Village for a birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment